Research Question: Can the microwaves transmitted from 3 cell phones pop a few kernels of popcorn? Hypothesis: Yes. Method: (1)Place 3 cellphones around a few kernels of popcorn. (2) Call the cellphones (skype is a good way to do this). (3) Wait for the cellphones to ring out. (4)Observe whether the kernels are popping/have popped.(5) Throw away your microwave. Results: The Kernels did not pop. Conclusion: No, the microwaves transmitted from 3 cellphones cannot pop a few kernels of popcorn. Evaluation: A dumb experiment overall. UPDATE: Lewis later informed us that the whole thing was a hoax (which despite our limited scientifc knowledge, we should have figured out). It was still entertaining though...
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
LOL... this was entertaining to say the least. I had seen on the news that it was a hoax but you show that one kernel was warm and was partially white... Interesting.
Hahahaa! Very funny! So, you had to go all the way to Jordan to do this? (Do you need more papers to grade?) We're starting to get worried about you...
lol
- M&M
I saw several versions of this on YouTube and also on Snopes...so I already knew it was a hoax, but it is still funny to watch!! Maybe next time the 3 phones needed to be more equidistant from each other, like a triangle? Your video looks like the cell phones are positioned so as to show the missing the 4th cellphone (as shown in the original YouTube advertisement for a bluetooth product). But still...cell phones probably *DO* cook something!! I know my cell phone messes up the sound system for hearing impaired assistance at church when it goes off!! bzzzz btttt btttt bttttt btttt (sound of data stream cutting through the sermon!!). So I have to turn the thing completely off! heh
That was COMPLETELY entertaining!!! Can not wait to see what other theories you might test! :->
~Wheels (Tasha Franke)
Post a Comment