Monday, September 1, 2008

Anniversaries and such

So tomorrow is mine and Lews 1 year anniversary. We had our dinner tonight, since tomorrow evening will be spent with our fellow Jordan '08 crew. It's been a tremendous year, with this year shaping up to be pretty impressive as well. I'm thankful to have such a wonderful "partner in crime". God has richly blessed us.
We've pretty much settled into a routine, waking at 5, getting ready and going to work. In some ways our lives are much the same as they were back home. The day to day is still the day to day. We have dishes to do, floors to sweep, and groceries to buy. In our marriage I've found the adventures come from doing it together, and making time for the extraordinary; whether we be in the states, and take a hike or a road trip, or we be in Jordan, and try and make our way across the city to buy groceries, or visiting ancient ruins in the still of a cool evening. I wouldn't trade this past year for anything, and I look forward to as many more as God will allow us. Us on our wedding day, and us a year later.



10 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!! So glad to see that we can keep track of you while you are in Jordan....you know...SOMEONE has to keep tabs on you and Lewis!!

It was great to see you at Carter and to meet Lewis. You are right...he is ADORABLE!! I also met your sister recently when I went to church in Big Sandy. I was in the area to help Preston move back into his apartment for the school year. I did not know that you had 2 sisters in East Texas! She was very sweet and I could see the resemblance once she introduced herself. She was keeping up with "little people" so we didn't get to talk much. I will make it a point to visit with her again.

I hope that you have a wonderful adventure in Jordan. I will be keeping up with this blog!

Love you guys!
De Lynn

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Love you both!

Unknown said...

Congratulations guys on your anniversary. We too have ours coming soon. Hope you can have as many and more.

Dad

Daniel said...

Happy Anniversary! May God bless you and protect you both. Glad to see you are enjoying this adventure! Thank you for the blog updates.

crying in cleveland said...

Happy Anniversary!!
From the Horton's in Cleveland

thegetupkid said...

Happy Anniversary you guys!!!! I am glad you are both doing so well over in Jordan. I hope it continues to be awesome!!

-Aaron Apple

Judy K said...

Hi Em & Zach, Lena & Lewis (Happy Anniversary!!!) and Tine! Looks like you guys are having a great time. I love the blog! It's great to be able to see what you've been doing thru the pics. I'm so proud of all of you - you're handling everything so well. Stay close to God and each other!
Love,
Em's Mom

Corin said...

Wowwwww, I CAN'T BELIEVE it's been a year already!!! How much can happen in a year- crazzyyyyyyy!

Lewis&Lena: Happy Anniversary!!

Emily&Zach: Happy (a bit late) Anniversary!!

And Tine: Happy Jordan! (?) ;) Hope to meet you sometime! I live in Hong Kong right now and we get messages from the Home Office for church and we watched one of your dad's a few weeks ago. Just fabulous. I love hearing different ministers from around the world speak.

Happy Sabbath to you all!
With love, Corin (& Pete)

Anonymous said...

:) Happy Anniversary to both Zach and Em (a little late) and Lena and Lewis. It doesn't seem like its possible that its been a year since we were at your weddings.
Tine, I haven't met you, but know that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as I do the others I hold dear. God bless you all in your adventures. Thank you for these postings.
Lotsa Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

I know those people...lol