

It's hard to believe that we have been here for almost two weeks, but it's also kind of creepy that it feels so homey already. Emily, Lena and Tine have a week and a half of school/work under their belts already, and Lewis and I had our first day of school with the students today. Oh what a crazy day it was. I was late for the first day of school because the bus forgot to pick me up. It was nice to meet all of the students though. They definitely had a summer's worth of energy built up and waiting to explode, but I met a lot of nice students. We haven't had the chance to travel much yet, but our neighborhoods are starting to look more familiar at least. The first few days we had no idea where to go. Taxi and bus drivers would ask us where to go and we would stare at them blankly and finally have to say, "I don't know where I live." That definitely takes some getting used too. Another big change is the Sunday to Thursday work week. It has its benefits, but it is really weird when you've had Sundays off all of your life. We are slowly learning some Arabic...slowly. I feel like we are going to learn so much in these next ten months. We've already had a lot of unique experiences that have caused us to really stop and think about things that actually matter. When you are in an unfamiliar place where you don't no anyone it really forces you to rely on the only Help that you can truly count on. Ahh...life in a foreign country. What will it bring next? Zach (with an H)
3 comments:
Thanks for posting this blog. It is very interesting to be able to hear about everyone's experience. It is especially interesting for someone who has never been out of the U.S. before. Tell everyone thank you.
Thanks for blogging your adventure! We're so excited to be able to keep up on your life over there! We miss you!
Love, Jen, Dan, Drake & Dane
Zach(with an H) and Emily, Hi from the Horton's. Glad to see you are doing great. Miss you very much already.Thank you guys for all the pictures. That is as close as I'm ever going to get to seeing the world that you have to get on a plane to see.LOL
Hi Mr.Zach and Mrs.Emily
(love Jacob)
Post a Comment