I guess I'm in between stage 6 and the stage of feeling I'm in a dream. I can't fully comprehend or process everything that has happened, and how quickly time has flown by. As Lena mentioned in her last entry, we had to say a real goodbye to our students. I don't think we could've asked for a better goodbye, with the party bus showing up at our house and the students clapping us a party on the street, getting tons of hugs and teary eyed goodbyes before zooming away, tearing our hearts to pieces. I think the only thing that keeps me going is the hope of the future. I know that someday we will see those kids again, except on that day, they will be healed of their current handicaps and given minds that fully comprehend the meaning of life. It sounds like a dream, but I believe with all my heart that this day will come. I can't wait to be able to talk with them, understanding the same language, and get to know more fully, their incredibly beautiful hearts :)





No comments:
Post a Comment